OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Coconut Sugar Turns In To.....Shortbread!

When you're at the store, don't you get attracted to those items that have those stickers that say: "NEW" or "REDUCED" or "SPECIAL"?

Why yes, yes I do.

And do those little stickers get you to buy the item?

Uh....sadly, yes, yes they do. But, you see, it's not always a bad thing. See here, I bought this "NEW" product called coconut sugar. Ever heard of coconut sugar? It's actually sap from coconut flowers made in to sugar. Neat, huh?  Well I wanted to make something with this "NEW" product. You wanna know what I made? Well too bad if you didn't. I made Coconut Sugar Shortbread Bars. Yes, it's that important I had to cap each word.

Lookie there's flecks of sugar!!
They were yummy. Buttery, not really super coconut-y, (just a hint), and perfect for your afternoon tea. But I don't know why anyone would be drinking tea in this weather. I'm not sure about you guys, but it's still pretty hot here.
Four squares of shortbread
Coconut Sugar Shortbread - Printer Friendly Version!
(makes about 18 1x1 inch shortbreads)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup flour

some more pictures....
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in flour
3. Shape dough into squares or desired shape
4. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown
5. Enjoy!


another picture cause you know you can never have enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)